Remote Freediver Course (Acadmic Only Via Online)
Join us for the academic portion of the freediver course and complete that part of your certification! If you want to start learning and practicing, but don’t want to travel under the current circumstances, this is a great option!
We will remote conference via Zoom
1/14: 6:00pm – 7:30pm
1/15: 6:00pm – 8:00pm
1/16: 10:00am – 1:00pm
Course fee is $250 and you will receive E-learning and exams and it will pay for certification fees once you complete pool and open water work at a later date.
Previous students who want a refresher can participate for $35
Learn to freedive down to a maximum depth of 20m/66 feet!
This program teaches fundamental Freediving techniques for comfortable enjoyment in the aquatic world to depths of 20m / 66ft. You will also practice Static Apnea to help develop your breath-holding abilities and in-water comfort.
Your PFI Freediver course will cover fundamental topics such as:
• Essential Safety procedures for Breath-Holding at Freediver Level
• Proper Breathing Techniques for Freediving and Snorkeling
• Confined-Water skill development i.e. Static Apnea
• Open-Water skill development i.e. technique for Deep Diving!
• Equalization for Deep Diving
• Equipment for Freediving and Snorkeling
• The fundamental Physics & Physiology of Freediving–what happens to your body at depths!
IS THIS COURSE FOR YOU?
• You’re interested in learning the fundamental techniques of Freediving
• You’re new to Freediving
• You typically dive in the shallows
• You want to dive Safely
• You want to hold your breath Longer
• You want to Dive Deeper
Download and review the PFI medical form. If you say YES to any questions you may need to get doctors approval to take part in the course. Email us if you have any questions about the medical form.
FORMAT / DURATION 2-2.5 DAYS
This course is taught by highly trained PFI Instructors at locations all over the world. The PFI Freediver course includes:
• Classroom Sessions,
• 2 Confined-Water Sessions, and
• 2 Open-Water Sessions.
The schedule and layout/order of these sessions varies slightly by location. The program is typically run over 2/2.5 days depending on the location of your course. Click the “Location & Schedule Information” link on any particular course to find out exact schedule for that program.
• Swimming or snorkeling experience
• Good health and fitness – see PFI Medical Form
• 12 years of age with guardian permission
WHAT TO BRING
For this course, each diver is responsible for bringing his or her own equipment. Reminder, rental gear is available and freediver students get discounts on purchases at the shop for life!
• Mask & Snorkel
• Full Wetsuit (3mm for warm-water locations; 5-7mm for cold-water locations)
• Timing device or Dive Computer
Classroom: Oregon City
Open Water: Hood Canal
No attendee found! Be the first one to book!