It’s Not Me, It’s You: Stories from the Dark Side of Dating
We are celebrating the historic inauguration of President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris — as well as a pro-repro health majority in the U.S. Senate — and we are ready to work toward a world where every Oregonian has full control of their bodies, their rights, their democracy and their futures.
Help keep up the fight for reproductive freedom on Wednesday, February 10th with a fun event for a great cause: our 12th annual valentine’s benefit, “It’s Not Me, It’s You: Stories from the Dark Side of Dating,” a hilarious evening of stories poking fun at mortifying memories of lost love!
We’ve all had dates that go terribly, hilariously awry. Every year since 2010, PPAO has invited Oregon’s sharpest storytellers to pour their hearts out for a good cause — and our 2021 edition will be available online, so you can join the fun no matter where you live! After hearing these personal stories, you’ll leave either feeling grateful for your current relationship — or with the realization that being single isn’t so bad after all!
Here is this year’s talented lineup:
* HOST: Kisha Jarrett, writer/filmmaker (Scout) and storyteller (2017 The Moth GrandSLAM winner, Back Fence PDX)
* Neeraj Srinivasan, standup comic (2015 Portland’s Funniest Person Finalist)
* Julia Ramos, standup comic (Minority Retort, All Jane Comedy Festival)
* Becky Braunstein, standup comic (Unprotected Sets on EPIX, Trinkets on Netflix, Bridgetown Comedy Festival)
* Chris Williams, improviser (Broke Gravy), storyteller (Front Porch Sessions) and podcaster (Are We Still Friends?)
* Reba Sparrow, executive producer of The Mystery Box Show, story coach, voiceover artist and model
* Lori Ferraro, actor/sketch comedy writer/performer (Mortified, HuffPost, Drawn to the ’80s, Lori Works from Home)
* Trystan Reese, trans parent and storyteller
* Roey Thorpe, social justice consultant
WHAT: 12th annual It’s Not Me, It’s You: Stories from the Dark Side of Dating
WHEN: 6-8pm Wednesday, February 10th
WHERE: Online. We will share streaming instructions with all ticket holders the day before the event.