Over the last year, Washington State has provided small businesses throughout the state with more than $125 million in grants to address the economic outfall of COVID-19. This effort continues with a new round of grant opportunities being managed by the Washington State Department of Commerce.
Priorities for funding:
- Businesses required to close.
- Businesses with lost revenue as a result of closure.
- Businesses with added expenses to maintain safe operations.
- Equitable distribution of grant funds across the state and to businesses owned and operated by historically disadvantaged individuals.
Stay informed…The Working Washington Round 4 Small Business Grant program application portal is open until 5 p.m., April 9.
To receive an email notification when the portal opens, sign up for the state’s COVID-19 Business & Worker email newsletter here.
Learn More & Apply Here
Requirements for eligibility
- Active for-profit business or individual DBA located in Washington state (“does business as”.) Businesses can only apply for one location per business (identified by UBI or EIN).
- Has been in business before January 1, 2020 and filed a 2019 tax return
- Generates at least 51% of revenue in Washington state
- Operates from a physical brick and mortar location in Washington state (separate from owner’s home)
- Reported gross annual revenue between $25,000 and $5,000,000 USD in 2019
- Experienced a decrease in revenue and/or incurred additional costs between 2019 and 2020 due to COVID-19 public health and safety measures
Please contact the Washington Department of Commerce technical support center for assistance in navigating the application portal. The English-only support center is open through April 9 at (855) 602-2722 or by emailing email@example.com.
The hours for the English technical support center are:
- 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday-Friday
- 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Saturday & Sunday
Phone support available in seven different languages (Spanish, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Russian, Amharic, Arabic and Tagalog). The public can access it by calling (206) 333-0720.
The hours for multi-language support are:
- 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Monday-Friday
- 1 – 6 p.m. Saturday & Sunday
Questions in Klickitat County?
Contact Klickitat Economic Development Department: 509-773-7060