Gorge Translink has announced the launch of the 2022 Annual GOrge Pass, now offering an easy and affordable way to travel to and from Portland/Vancouver and around the Columbia Gorge on both sides of the river. Four Gorge transit providers have teamed up to offer unlimited, fixed route rides to riders with a GOrge Pass:
- Columbia Area Transit (CAT), including the Columbia Gorge Express and the Gorge-to-Mountain Express in winter
- The Link Public Transit (The Link)
- Mt. Adams Transportation Service (MATS)
- Skamania County Transit
The GOrge Pass provides local riders, commuters, tourists, adventurers, and everyone in between with an easy, affordable way to get from here to there. Transferring from one service to the next is as simple as showing your GOrge Pass. For only $40 per adult for year-long use ($20 for youth under 17), the GOrge Pass can be downloaded onto your smartphone via the Token Transit app or purchased as a physical pass that fits in your wallet.
$1 from every pass will be donated to the new Gorge Equity Fund, a 501c3 set up to support three areas:
• Outdoor Equity Orgs: The fund gives free passes to organizations like Wild Diversity and CultureSeed who are dedicated to making the outdoors more welcoming to those who have traditionally been excluded.
• Search & Rescue: The fund donates money to organizations such as Crag Rats who keep people safe while recreating in the Gorge. Although these organizations serve the entire region, their funding rests on the shoulders of a few local sources in need of support.
• Low-Income Programs: Not everyone has or needs a car, but all should have access to the outdoors (as well as to medical services, education, work, and social activities). This fund puts passes in the right hands through programs like Gorge Transit Connect.
• Help protect the natural beauty of the Columbia Gorge with transit.
• Give the gift of health with access to trails and outdoor experiences without the hassle of parking, permits, or congestion.
• Add to environmentally sustainable efforts by taking cars off the road.
• Support equity by automatically donating to our Gorge Equity Fund.
- Cascade Locks
- Hood River
- Portland & Troutdale via Columbia Gorge Express
- The Dalles & Moser
- Hood River Weekend Trolley (in summer)
- Mt. Hood Meadows, Teacup Nordic Snow Park & Government Camp (in winter)
- White Salmon
- The Dalles
- Home Valley
- Cascade Locks
- Buy a virtual GOrge Pass to download to your phone at gorgepass.com.
- Buy a printed GOrge at any of the offices for CAT, The Link, MATS and Skamania County Transit–details are available at gorgepass.com.
The GOrge Pass makes a great gift for employees, commuters, friends, and family. Employers may buy passes for their employees, and senior centers and senior organizations may purchase printed passes for their residents and customers. For multiple-pass purchases call 833-3GO-PASS.
Additionally, low-income residents of Hood River and Wasco Counties will be able to receive discounted GOrge Passes sponsored by CAT and The Link. Additional details on these programs are available at gorgepass.com/equity.
Online schedules are available for all routes at gorgepass.com, and printed schedules are available at all transit provider offices, on buses, and at local Chambers of Commerce. (For specific locations gorgepass.com.)
For more information about GOrge Pass visit gorgepass.com or call 833-3GO-PASS.
#gorgeconnect, #thedalles, #mosier, #hoodriver, #cascadelocks, #corbett, #stevensonwa, #whitesalmonwa, #bingenwa, #washougalwa, #lylewa, #dallesportwaRecommend0 recommendationsPublished in